Effective Date: April 12, 2023
1.1. Orson is an automated team video engine available within a Slack environment (www.slack.com).
1.2. We provide the Service to our customers under an agreement with them and solely for their benefit and the benefit of their personnel and other personnel authorized by them as users of the Service (“Authorized Users”). Our customers can efficiently store and analyze all their data in the Service. Because the Service is SaaS, Authorized Users may access and use the Service from all over the United States, subject to Orson’s agreement with customers and any applicable laws.
1.3. This Notice does not apply to the content that our customers and their Authorized Users upload and store in the Service, such as video and audio recordings (“Customer Content”). With regards to Customer Content (defined below), we are a Service Provider as defined by California Consumer Privacy Act/California Privacy Rights Act (CCPA/CPRA) and a Data Processor as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation. In those circumstances:
- Orson is processing Customer Content on behalf of ourcustomer (e.g., your employer) and that customer is responsible for the collection and use of your data; and
- that customer’s privacy notice and policies will apply to the customer’s collection and use of such Customer Content.
In such circumstances you should refer to your customer’s privacy notice and direct any queries to them. The customer’s agreement with Orson governs our use of and processing of Customer Content in these circumstances. For more information about our data collection and use in connection with our Service see the Collection and Use of Your Personal Information section below.
3. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
- directly from you.
- automatically when you use Our Services.
4. Directly from you
When visiting our website, you may sign-up for Orson, or request information from Orson on behalf of your employer, by providing
- Company Email
- Slack User Name
- Slack ID
5. Information Automatically Collected When You Use Our Services
5.1. We may automatically collect data about you when you use our Services including the website. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics so that we can improve our Services. This Commercial Purchasing Information & Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information may include:
- device and usage information, such as your IP address
- browser and device characteristics
- operating system
- language preferences
- referring URLs
- device name
- country or location
- information, including preferences or characteristics, about how and when you use our Services
- Internal automations/system settings
- “cookies” and other tracking technologies like pixel tags and web beacons, often called “smart cookies” (more information about cookies is below)
5.2. Other Services We Utilize
5.2.1. GOOGLE ANALYTICS . We use Google Analytics to track help us understand how our customers use our Services. More information about the protection of your privacy can be found in Google’s Data Policy: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.information is used to improve our website. For more information on GoogleAnalytics, please go to: https://policies.google.com/privacy
5.2.2. Mailchimp. We use Mailchimp to distribute our newsletter and other campaigns you have consented. For more information please visit: https://www.intuit.com/privacy/statement/
5.2.3. Amplitude. We use this to understand how customers use our service. For more information please visit: https://amplitude.com/
5.2.4. Sentry – We use this to collect information to provide better support for customers using the service. For more information please visit: https://sentry.io
5.2.5. HelpScout. We collect information during support interaction with customers that we manage from the Help Scout support service. For more information please visit: https://www.helpscout.com/
6. How We Use the Information Collected
We use the Personal Information we collect above to:
- register and provide you with services you request
- respond to your questions and support you regarding the use of our Services
- comply with applicable law and legal requirements, including valid court orders
- design, improve, and administer our Services
- analyze trends and statistics regarding use of our Services and future Service models
- to market our Services to you
- protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities for any other purpose if we anonymize the data such that it no longer reasonably identifies you or your household
7. How We Disclose the Information We Collect
7.1. We share some information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services and, in some cases, legal authorities.
- The Customer’s Instructions.
- Orson may share and disclose Personal Information in accordance with a Customer’s instructions and with appropriate consent, including any applicable terms in the User Terms, Creator Terms, and the Customer’s use of Services’ functionality and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services.
- When a User submits Creator Data containing Personal Information, it may be displayed to other users of the customer’s slack channel.
- Collaborating with Others.
- The Services provide different ways for Users in the same Channel to collaborate or communicate. Some Personal Information, such as a User’s profile information, may be shared, subject to the policies and practices of the Channel and/or Creator.
- With our service providers and partners
- We use third parties and vendors to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including website support and analytics. We do not allow these parties to use your information for any purpose other than to perform those services.
- Other Situations. We also may use and disclose information outside of Our day-to-day business practices and in ways unrelated to Our Services.
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, Divestitures or Change of Control. We may transfer or assign Personal Information to an entity that acquires or is merged with Us as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of ownership or assets, or other change of control.
7.2. We do not sell or share your Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
8. Your Choices About Your Information
You have choices about how we use your information. Please understand that if you choose not to disclose information to us, it may affect your ability to use some features of our Services or products.
Marketing. If you have supplied your email address to us, We may further send you emails to provide you with information, to inform you of new events or content, to solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date on Us. You can opt out of our marketing and promotional communications at any time by following the opt out prompts on these communications. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request. Please note that even after you are removed from our marketing lists, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as responding to service requests.
9. Correcting and Updating Your Information.
You may correct and update your information by editing your profile or by contacting us as directed in the Contact Us section below.
10. Confidentiality & Security.
Orson values your privacy and is committed to protecting your information. We have appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place to ensure the integrity and security of your information. We undertake commercially reasonable efforts to guard against unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of Personal Information, which efforts you agree are sufficient, adequate and complete. In some cases, we cannot control, and are not responsible for, information that is shared about you. For example:
- Information You Share. Some of our Services may let you share information with others, such as via messaging and posts. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines or otherwise further disclosed.
11. Information Retention.
We keep your Personal Information only as long as necessary to provide you with the Our Services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of our Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal information for as long as you have an account for our Services.
Our Services are not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about individuals who are under the age of 16. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 16, please contact us via the “Contact Us” section below. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
13. Access from Outside of the United States
14. Contact Us